Media and Web Coverage
Update March 29, 2005. I have not given an interview since early 2003. However, these are some articles we have found on the web that either cite Obesity-news as a resource or have a quote. References without clickable links have been taken off-line.
- CBS Marketwatch. February 2003.
Quoted in article Drugmakers hope to win losing battle, February 28, 2003.
- Minnesota Medicine. Minnesota Medicine Association, November 2000.
Obesity-news used as reference to article on pharmacological treatment of obesity.
- The Incredible Internet Guide to Diet and Nutrition. Facts on Demand Press, January 2000.
Obesity-news is one of 164 featured web sites of 1300 listed in this new guide to diet and nutrition pages.
- Hunger in the head. InterNetworkNews (NBC News), 12/7/99.
Web version of a TV news show hosted by reporters Lucky Serverson and Kimberly Halkett. Obesity-news is featured in the sidebar of the article.
- Are we getting fatter? Time Magazine, 11/8/99.
Referenced as a resource at the bottom of the poll.The accompanying article is a basic primer on some of the genetic research into finding a cure for obesity.
- Continuing education discoveries. Dallas Morning News, 8/30/99.
- Feed the craving, even when dieting. Grand Rapids Press, 4/4/99.
- Medical activism resources. Radiance Magazine, Winter 1999.
- Getting your health plan to help you lose weight. OnHealth, 1/1/99.
- LOSING IT: Got the Urge For That Treat? OK, Go for It! Self-denial can be self-destructive. Newsday, 9/21/98.
- A virus that causes obesity. News Net 5, 9/8/98.
- New diet drug arrives without big promises, fanfare. Tampa Tribune, 4/18/98.
- Feverish Fat Genes. Academic Press, 2/17/98.
- Dieters Struggle Without Diet Pills. Associated Press, 1/14/98.
A few of the places this article appeared: Boston Globe, Fox News web site, Philadelphia Inquirer, San Diego Union Tribune.
- Locals disagree about a viral link to obesity. News Center 8 (Missouri), undated.
Obesity-news is a publication of Hirsch Communications. An on-line subscription is $104.00 per month, payable in advance by American Express, VISA or Mastercard. Subscribing is simple using our secure on-line subscription form. A yearly subscription is also available for $1040 per year through EBSCO or Swets Blackwell subscription services. Please contact them for more information. Obesity-news also accepts fax orders at 703/960-7462. Copyright 1997-2013, all rights reserved.
IMPORTANT: All information in this publication is believed to be accurate and true. Publisher is not liable for omissions or inaccuracies. Information in this newsletter is for educational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice, or be used in lieu of consultation with a health care provider.